JA Bowling Recognition!Posted on April 11th, 2012 No comments
The 2012 Winter Edition of the Jim ‘N Nick’s Junior Achievement Bowling Classic ended Friday with an awards and recognition luncheon hosted by three noteworthy Junior Achievement students: Kiera Hood, from Fairfield High School as well as Michael Richards and Corderryn Warren, both from Hueytown High School.
Kiera welcomed the crowd of about sixty and thanked them for the opportunities they provided to her by participating in the Bowling Classic. She also congratulated them on nearing the enormous $280,000 goal set for the event back in June. Miss Hood then introduced Michael and Corderryn, who announced the following award-winners:
Most Money Raised by an Individual
- Fourth Place – Tracee Campbell, Regions Bank
- Third Place – Eden Roy – Regions Bank
- Second Place – Rolando Benavidez, Golden Flake
- First Place – Pam Smiley – Motion Industries
Most Money Raised by a Team
- Fourth Place – Rolando Benavidez, Golden Flake
- Third Place – Eden Roy, Regions Bank
- Second Place – Jeff Clemons, Golden Flake
- First Place – Pam Smiley, Motion Industries
Most Money Raised by a Company
- Fourth Place – Vulcan Materials, Aarti Karve, Coordinator
- Third Place – Motion Industries, Pam Smiley, Coordinator
- Second Place – Golden Flake, Brenda Sanford
- First Place – Allison Cronin, Regions Bank
Special Award: Company “On the Rise”
- EBSCO – Laurie Morris, Coordinator
Many thanks to Jim ‘N Nick’s, the title sponsor of the Bowling Classic, for the delicious lunch and gracious service. Special thanks to Julie Roach with Alagasco for donating use of the Center for Energy Technology as well as lovely centerpieces for the tables.
The 2012-13 Bowling event will kick off on June 1. If you or any company you know of would like to participate, please contact Emilie Lasseter, Special Events Manager at (205) 290-9365 x 117.
Leave a reply